It is really easy to install WordPress and there are different ways of doing it:
- Using command prompt:
- download WordPress straight to your filestore,
- extract file,
- change permission,
- change config file using command prompt editor.
- Using “M: Drive”:
- download WordPress onto your computer,
- extract it,
- copy WordPress to your M: Drive,
- change permission using PuTTY (It’s not possible to change permission on Windows without any special tools!)
- change config file using Notepad or other editor.
Some Web Servers are using FTP. In that case, installing WordPress will be different and slower, because we have to use FTP Client and it’s not possible to download WordPress straight onto your server.