|1. I wish we had a sail. the captain, pg 4, pa 2
2. They'll see us before long and come out after us. the cook, pg 4, pa 6
3. We'll overturn. everybody, pg 5, pa 7
4. A little more north, sir. the oiler, pg 5, pa 2
5. Shall I take her to sea again captain? the oiler, pg 6, pa 5
6. Billie, would you row for awhile? the correspondent, pg 11, pa 3
7. Come to the boat! Come to the boat. the captain, pg 14, pa 9
8. Thanks old man. the correspondent, pg 15, pa 2
9. What's that? the old man/rescuer, pg 16, pa 2
|1. The ship sank.
2. The first morning arrived.
3. The captain saw the lighthouse on Mosquito Inlet.
4. The correspondent saw the lighthouse.
5. The captain gave his coat to the cook and correspondent to make a sail.
6. The men exchange addresses.
7. A man on the shore waved his coat at the men in the boat.
8. The second morning arrived.
9. The lifeboat sank.
10. The man on the shore saved the correspondent.
11. The correspondent saw that the oiler had drowned.
12. People come with blankets and coffee.